D-Link Malaysia announces their highly affordable Wireless 5 Mesh Solution model, COVR-1100 is now powers Unifi fibre service as a standalone wireless router. The COVR-1100 is one of the model to obtain the EasyMeshTM certification from Wi-Fi Alliance. The solution is aimed to provide better a secure wireless coverage at the affordable price. The company also emphasized that, unlike previous router unit distributed to the unifi users, the COVR-1100 completely run on the retail-firmware. This was done to provide the users with more flexibility to add mesh nodes into the existing wireless network through manageability.
Some key features of D-Link COVR-1100 includes:
- WPA3 Wireless Encryption (supports 802.11k/v)
- Profile-based parental control for easy network management for underage kids
- Compatible with with Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa
- Quality of Service (QoS) prioritizes network traffic with easy settings
- Triple Play VLAN allows ISP to provide multiple service access within a router
- IPv6 Dual-Stack Lite and IPv6 6rd for ease of access on IPv4 and IPv6 equipment
The mesh solution graded with industry standard mesh networking technologies to allow easy to use network accessibility and further adding an additional node within the existing network. The solution also capable to support multiple devices under heavy networking load. According to the company further, the solution is now available in major IT-retail stores certified by D-Link Malaysia. Also, to ease the purchase, the company also have their own dedicated online e-store, which can be directly purchased.