AMD launches the highly anticipated graphics card, the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics card. The graphics card series was said to deliver maximum performance at powerhouse level and real-world pleasing visuals with additional built-in features that marks the new standard for premium-class PC gaming experiences paired with Ryzen 5000 Series processors. The RX 6000 Series family includes the Radeon RX 6800, Radeon RX 6800 XT and the flagship of RX 6000 Series cards, the Radeon RX 6900 XT. Currently, the RX 6900 XT graphics card is the most powerful card ever developed by AMD itself, marking the era of AMD being serious towards providing a pleasing gaming experience to hardcore gamers.
The Radeon RX 6000 Series cards is based on AMD’s RDNA2 gaming architecture. The RDNA2 was engineered to deliver maximum performance for next-generation gaming consoles, PCs, laptops and mobile devices with better power management (efficient). The AMD Radeon RX 6900XT with RDNA2 architecture delivers 2X higher performance in selected titles compared with AMD’s Radeon RX 5700XT card by utilizing the same 7nm processing technology and up to 54% more performance-per-watt when compared to Radeon RX 6800 XT. The RDNA2 also improves power consumption up to 30% per cycle per compute unit, providing up to 30% in frequency boost at the same power level.
AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics card supports PCIe 4.0 technology and features 16GB of GDDR6 memory, enough to power and deliver the 4K workloads as per required in the current situation. More key features are as follows:
- AMD Infinity Cache – A high performance, last-level data cache optimized for 4K and 1440p gaming. 128MB of on-die cache instantly reduce latency and power consumption, delivering a higher gaming performance than the traditional architectural designs.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – An exclusive feature with AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors, AMD B550 and X570 motherboards with RX 6000 Series graphics card.
- Built for Standard Chassis – With dimensions of 267mm and 2×8 standard 8-pin power connectors, the card designed to operate with the existing 650W-750W power supplies.
True to Life, High-Fidelity Visuals
- DirectX 12 Ultimate Support – Provides a powerful blend of raytracing, compute and rasterized effects, such as DirectX Raytracing (DXR) and Variable Rate Shading, to elevate games to a new level of realism.
- DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – Adding a high performance, fixed-function Ray Accelerator engine to each compute unit, AMD RDNA 2-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, which enables hybrid rendering, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to ensure an optimal combination of image quality and performance.
- AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers available on AMD GPUOpen. It features a collection of lighting, shadow and reflection effects that make it easier for developers to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance.
- Variable Rate Shading (VRS) – Dynamically reduces the shading rate for different areas of a frame that do not require a high level of visual detail, delivering higher levels of overall performance with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
Elevated Gaming Experience
Microsoft DirectStorage Support – Future support for the DirectStorage API enables lightning-fast load times and high-quality textures by eliminating storage API-related bottlenecks and limiting CPU involvement.
Radeon Software Performance Tuning Presets – Simple one-click presets in Radeon Software help gamers easily extract the most from their graphics card. The presets include the new Rage Mode stable over clocking setting that takes advantage of extra available headroom to deliver higher gaming performance
Radeon Anti-Lag – Significantly decreases input-to-display response times and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.
Below are the list of AMD’s Radeon RX 6000 Series Lineup:
|Model||Compute Units||GDDR6||Game Clock (MHz)||Boost Clock (MHZ)||Memory Interface||Infinity Cache|
|AMD Radeon |
RX 6900 XT
|80||16GB||2015||Up to 2250||256 bit||128 MB|
|AMD Radeon |
RX 6800 XT
|72||16GB||2015||Up to 2250||256 bit||128 MB|
|AMD Radeon RX 6800||60||16GB||1815||Up to 2105||256 bit||128 MB|
In addition, AMD decides to release a series of videos from its ISV partners, showing the true gaming experience powered by AMD’s Radeon RX 6000 Series cards in selected games such as DIRT@5 (October 29, 2020), Godfall (November 2, 2020), World of Warcraft Shadowlands (November 10, 2020), Riftbreaker (November 12, 2020) and FarCry 6 (November 17, 2020).
The Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT will be widely available from November 18, 2020, for $579 (~RM2406) and $649 (~RM2697), meanwhile the Radeon RX 6900 XT will be available on December 8, 2020, for $999 (~RM4151) respectively.